- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Ph.D.—Electronic Art
- Bard College, M.F.A.—Film/Video
- University of Minnesota–Twin Cities, B.A.—Cultural Studies and Film Studies
- NYS Summer Writer’s Institute, Fiction seminar, Mary Gaitskill & Howard Norman
- State University of New York—Albany, Fiction workshop, Lydia Davis & Lynne Tillman
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College, 16mm Film Production, Bruce Mamer
- Oklahoma! [projections], US National Tour, 2020-21
- Oklahoma! [projections], Circle in the Square (Broadway), NYC
- To Music, Act 4 [projections], Roulette, Brooklyn, NY
- Return to Forbidden Planet, [projections], Red Bull Theater Company, Symphony Space, NYC
- Games for Windows [group exhibition], Swampbabes, Rochester, NY
- Oklahoma! [projections] St Ann’s Warehouse (Off-Broadway), Brooklyn, NY
- To Music, Act 3 [projections], Issue Project Room, Brooklyn, NY
- To Music, Act 3 [projections], Mt. Tremper, Phoenicia, NY
- Source of Light, [projections], Visual Studies Workshop, Rochester, NY
- In the Matter of J. Robert Oppenheimer [projections], University of Rochester
- In Xanadu [solo exhibition & residency], Visual Studies Workshop, Rochester, NY
- Words & Text, [group exhibition], Malmo University, Malmo, Sweden
- To Music, Act 2 [projections], Experiments in Opera, Merkin Concert Hall, NYC
- Silver and Gold by Nao Bustamante, [dancer], Modern Mondays, MoMA, NYC
- Words & Text, [group exhibition], Rochester Design Center, Rochester, NY
- Urban Renewal [projections], OnEdge Festival, Chicago, IL
- To Music, Act 1 [projections], Experiments in Opera, Roulette, Brooklyn, NY
- Oklahoma! [projections], Bard Summerscape Festival, Annandale-on-Hudson, NY
- Compartmented, [group exhibition], Lyric Theater Project Space, Rochester, NY
- Science Fiction, [group screening], Rencontres Internationales Festival, Haus der Kulturen der Welt, Berlin
- Urban Renewal [projections], Crossing the Line Festival, Florence Gould Hall, NYC; Hermes New Settings Festival, Theatre de la cité, Paris
- Tell Me Everything [solo screening], EMPAC, Troy, NY
- Space Shifters, [group screening], Video Dumbo, Eyebeam, NYC
- Moby Dick—Rehearsed by Orson Welles [projections], Fisher Center at Bard College
- Science Fiction, [group screening], Rencontres Internationales, Palais de Tokyo, Paris
- Magic Kingdoms, [group screening], Pleasure Dome, Toronto
- Joshua Thorson Videos, [solo screening], The Thing, NYC
- Strange Attractors [commissioned touring group screening], Anthology Film Archives, NYC, among others
- Deep State, [group screening], Onion City Experimental Film and Video Festival, Chicago, IL
Selected Past Scholarship
- Paradise Lost [projections], American Repertory Theater, Harvard University, 2010
- Perspectacle, [curator], The New Museum, NYC, 2009
- CELLuloid, [group screening], Documentary Fortnight, Museum of Modern Art, 2008
- Paradise Park, [projections], Signature Theatre, NYC, 2008
- Under the Spell, [group screening], Rotterdam International Film Festival, 2006
- Premieres, [group screening], Museum of Modern Art, NYC, 2005
- Studio: 7 Months..., [group exhibition], Metropolitan Museum of Art, NYC, 2005
- Studio: 7 Months…, [group exhibition], Musee d'Orsay, Paris, 2004
- Pinochet Porn (2008-16) by Ellen Cantor, [supervising editor]; Modern Mondays, MoMA, NYC, ICA London; Künstlerhaus Stuttgart; KW Institute for Contemporary Art, Berlin; mumok, Vienna; Tufts University, Boston; REDCAT, Los Angeles (among others).
- Turning (2012) by Charles Atlas [assistant editor].
- Ocean (2010) by Charles Atlas/Merce Cunningham, [camera and co-editor]; Whitney Biennial, NYC, George Eastman Museum, among others.
- Interscape (2001/2008) by Charles Atlas/Merce Cunningham [editor].
- CRWDSPCR (2008) by Charles Atlas/Merce Cunningham [additional camera].
- Drama Desk Award Nomination, Outstanding Projection Design (Oklahoma!), 2019
- American Theater Wing Obie Award, Special Citation Award (Oklahoma!), 2019
- Mt. Tremper Arts Residency (To Music, Act 3), 2018
- Visual Studies Workshop Artist Residency, 2017
- Programme “New Settings” Grant [w/ Kyle deCamp], Fdtn. d’entreprise Hermès, 2013
- Rencontres Internationales Artist Travel Grant [US Embassy], Berlin, 2013
- New York Theater Workshop Dartmouth Residency [w/ Kyle deCamp], Dartmouth College
- Fisher Center Artists in Residence [w/ Kyle deCamp], Bard College, 2013
- Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Fellowship, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2011–
- Canadian Video Art Research Fellowship, Vtape, 2010
- Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences Assistantship, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute,
- Rotterdam International Film Festival Travel Grant, 2006
- Curator’s Choice Award, CinemaTexas, 2006
Artist Talks & Panels
- In Xanadu, artist talk, Visual Studies Workshop, 2016
- The Making of Pinochet Porn, panel, Skowhegan School of Painting & Sculpture, NYC, 2016
- Requiem Reimagined, artist talkback, Troy City Music Hall, 2015
- Science Fiction, artist talkback, Rencontres Internationales, Berlin, Germany, 2013
- Urban Renewal, artist talkback, New York Theater Workshop @ Dartmouth College, 2013
- Urban Renewal, artist talkback, Fisher Center at Bard College, NY, 2013
- Strange Attractors, artist talkback, Anthology Film Archives, NYC, 2012
- Making a Case for the Arts in a Research University, Graduate Quorum participant, Michigan Meeting for the Arts, 2011
- Paradox Rules, artist talk, EMPAC, Troy, NY, 2010
- CELLuloid, artist talkback, Documentary Fortnight, MoMA, NYC, 2008
- Atlas, Charles, et al. Charles Atlas. JRP Ringier Kunstverlag, 2018.
- “Aura Satz: Eyelids Leaking Light,” The Wire, March 2015.
- "An Evening in New York,” Connu, April, 2014.
- “Tell Me Everything: A Narrative Video Art Practice,” UMI/ProQuest, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, 2013. [Ph.D. Dissertation].
- “Lisa Steele: The Conceptual Anthropology of Narrative Works, 1976-1982,” Vtape, Toronto, 2013. Included in The Complete Works of Lisa Steele DVD boxed-set.
- “The Sense Ritual,” MIX NYC Catalogue, 2010.
- ArtFancy, Issues 1-3, 2007-2009.
- “Perspectacle,” MIX NYC Catalogue, 2008.
- “Between a memory, a portrait, a resolution,” They Shoot Homos Don’t They, Issue 3, 2006.
- “Video Burnout,” MIX NYC Catalogue, 2006.
- Suzie Silver, ed., Strange Attractors: Investigations in Non-Humanoid Extraterrestrial Sexualities (Pittsburgh: Inst. for E.T. Sexualities/Encyclopedia Destructica, 2012).
- Lauren Cornell, ed., Younger than Jesus: Artist Directory (New York: Phaidon, 2009).
- Neysa Page-Lieberman, ed., dis/BELIEVER: Intersections of Science and Religion in Contemporary Art (Chicago: Columbia College, 2009).
- Alex Gartenfeld, ed., Queer Zines (New York: Printed Matter, 2008).
- Annie Dufour, ed., Gustave Courbet/Tony Oursler: Studio (Paris: Editions Hazan, 2004).
- Ben Brantley, “A Smashing Oklahoma is Reborn in the Land of Id,” New York Times, April 7, 2019.
- Sara Holdren, “Where Storm Clouds Loom Above the Plain,” New York Magazine Vulture, October 8, 2018.
- Jeffery Songco, “Fantastic Voyage: An Interview with Christopher Kardambikis,” Bad at Sports, May 8, 2013.
- Ben Sachs, “Onion City Experimental Film and Video Festival,” Chicago Reader, June 20, 2012.
- Bill Stamets, “Onion City Film Festival Goes Way Beyond the Mainstream,” Chicago Sun Times, July 23, 2012.
- Linda Matchan, “Video Projection: Expanding Role in Mainstream Theater,” Boston Globe, March, 2010.
- David Haskell, “Queer Zines,” New York Magazine, January 1-7, 2008.
- Rit Premnath, ed., “Science/Séance,” Shifter, Volume 2 Issue #4, 2006.
- Barbara Pollack, “Just Like Courbet’s. Except for a Few Tiny Details,” New York Times, June 5, 2005.
- Lauren Cornell, “Studio,” Time Out NY, Issue No. 517 August 25–31, 2005.
- Lance Esplund, “Lost in Translation,” NY Sun, May 19, 2005.
- Ioannis Mookas, “Midnight at the Oasis,” Senses of Cinema, Issue 33, Oct/Nov., 2004.
- “CELLuloid” [with Sally Berger, MoMA], The Brian Lehrer Show, WNYC, 2008.
- RIT, 2019-2020 Richard & Virginia Eisenhart Provost's Award for Excellence in Teaching
- RIT, School of Photographic Arts & Sciences, Director of MFA in Photography & Related Media
- RIT, School of Photographic Arts & Sciences, Assistant Professor, Fine Art Photography
- 4D Design [BFA]
- Advanced Video for Photographers [BFA]
- Research Core II [MFA Photo]
- Moving Image and Contemporary Practice [BFA/MFA Photo]
- Integrated Practices II [MFA Photo]
- NYC Fine Art Photo Field Trip [BFA/MFA Photo]
- 360 Storytelling [BFA Photo]
- Thesis [MFA Photo]
- Graduate Seminar [MFA Photo]
- Imaging Workshop: Writing as Practice [MFA Photo]
- RIT, School of Photographic Arts & Sciences, Visiting Assistant Professor, Fine Art Photography
- 4D Design [BFA]
- Moving Image and Contemporary Practice [BFA/MFA Photo]
- Expanded Documentary [Art History]
- Williams College, Department of Art, Visiting Lecturer in Art
- Introduction to Video [Art]
- Writing for Film, Video, and Performance [Art/English]
- Artists Respond to Dangerous Times [Art/American Studies]
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of the Arts, Teaching Assistant/Co-Instructor
- Media Studio: Video, with Associate Professor Igor Vamos [Art]
- Creativity and I.T., with Associate Professor Igor Vamos [IT]
- Deep Listening, with Professor Pauline Oliveros [Art]
- Multimedia Century, with Professor Michael Century [Art]
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Institute Writing Committee [Institute], as co-chair, 2019-present
- Institute Writing Committee [Institute], 2017-present
- 4D Design Coordinator [CAD], 2015-present
- Foundations Committee, ad hoc participation [CAD], 2015-present
- MIC Center Committee [CAD], 2018
- Video Wall Committee with John Aasp [CAD], 2017-18
- Moving Media Committee [Photo], 2015-present
- Photo Curriculum Committee, [Photo], 2018-19
- MFA Curriculum Committee [Photo], 2017-18
- Honors Committee [Photo], 2017-18